Our U12 Program is split into two separate seasons: Fall and Spring, both of which are travel teams. A new registration is required for the Spring season. Travel teams enjoy competitive and fun soccer against other south shore towns as part of the Coastal Youth Soccer League.
Every Saturday morning each player will enjoy a 50 minute game of 8-a-side against another team. There are goalkeepers and unlimited substitutions. In addition, the teams coach will organize a one-hour practice during the week. Practices and games take place at the Clipper Community Complex at NHS.
1. FUN and Touch!- we will continue to offer an enjoyable environment where our growing players can further develop their individual skills.
2. Dribbling/Passing/Shooting/Team - players are still focused on their own game, but team concepts and strategic play are expanded upon.
1. Parents: Please ensure your child is in the correct uniform, wears shin guards, brings water (in reusable labeled bottle) and is fully sun screened/bug sprayed for all practices and games. Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled activity’s start time. Take home everything you bring. During the event, parents are encouraged to offer positive support to their son/daughter only. Please stand on the opposite side of the field to the team and let the young referees ref and our volunteer coaches coach. Thank you and enjoy.
2. Coaches: Please ensure playing area, especially goals, are clear of debris and secure to play. Encourage all players constantly. Remember the 3 L's - no laps, no lines, no lectures. Focus is on fun as soccer skills are developed and the concepts of team play are expanded. Enjoy yourself, too. Thank you.
3. Everyone: Please respect others and don't bring pets to the field!! And PLEASE remove all trash even if it's not yours. Thank you.