Our U8 Program acts as one continuous program for Fall and Spring seasons. A new registration is NOT required for the Spring season.
For 2020-21 season: (Osborne Fields) Every Saturday morning each player will enjoy 50 minute game of 5-a-side against another team. There are goalkeepers and unlimited substitutions. In addition, the team's coach will organize a one-hour practice during the week.
1. FUN!! - our priority is to provide a program where our younger athletes can develop a love for the game.
2. TOUCH, TOUCH, TOUCH!! - we aim for each child to maximize her touches of the ball during both practice and game time.
3. Dribbling/Passing/Shooting - as players gain confidence, the focus remains on encouraging them to gravitate to the ball. Passing and shooting exercise are added to the curriculum.
1. Parents: Please ensure your child is in the correct uniform, wears shin guards, brings water (in reusable labelled bottle) and is fully sunscreened/bugsprayed for all practices and games. Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled activity's start time. Take home everything you bring. During the event, parents are encouraged to offer positive support to their son/daughter only. Please stand on the opposite side of the field to the team and let the young referees ref and our volunteer coaches coach. Thank you and enjoy.
2. Coaches: Please ensure playing area, especially goals, are clear of debris and secure to play. Encourage all players constantly. Remember the 3 L's - no laps, no lines, no lectures. If an instruction takes longer than 1 minute, it's too long. Focus is on fun as soccer skills are developed. Enjoy yourself, too. Thank you.
3. Everyone: Please respect others and don't bring pets to the field!! And PLEASE remove all trash, even if it's not yours. Thank you.